CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 29, 2008

Sleepover Fun!

DISCLAIMER: Ok so I know I'm about a month late in posting these festive pictures and they're absolutely not in order. And they don't contain any pictures of Trev's leg - so breathe easy! BUT, here are the pictures of our fabulous Cousin Sleepover we had on the 29th of August. Kelly and Jeremy were the organizers and sponsors of the festivities. It was super fun! Everyone met at Kelly and Jeremy's at 8 pm and brought their favorite movie treat. Jer had set up a sheet on the back of the house and borrowed a projector from work so we watched Shrek! After the movie and treats we went inside and read scriptures and said prayers. Then Kelly, Audrey and I worked on getting the little girls (and Conner) ready for bed. Easier said than done, turns out. (Meanwhile Jeremy and the boys were outside bonding and staying up WAY too late watching another movie.) We got everyone settled down and headed for bed ourselves. Audrey was out cold and I was nearly there when Kelly went down to check on the little ones downstairs. When she got downstairs ALL of the kids were on the futon - NOT asleep. She ended up laying down by Maia and listening to Conner's stories for a bit before everyone finally settled down and went to sleep. The next morning started rather early! The little girls were up before 7 am. We all got up (minus Spencer and Kyle, really) and worked on getting breakfast made. Trevor made the pancakes and Tanner and Riley made the eggs. Then the real fun started!!! Inspite of the drama and trauma, it was a really fun time. In the month since our cousin sleepover, I've been thinking about how lucky I am to have such great family! I've been able to spend some time with my great cousins and I'm thankful for the closeness we have - even though there are age differences. I'm thankful to Kelly and Jeremy for organizing and hosting these quarterly events. Yay for the eternal nature of families and that we can ALWAYS count on each other.

Now - to the out of order pictures....




Jeremy and the boys making breakfast!






Maddie, Conner, Tori, Megan and Maia up WAY early on Saturday morning.





Tori, Megan and Maddie before bed on Friday.








Kyle and Maia before scripture study and prayers.





Jeremy, Spencer, Conner and Austin's head after scripture study and prayers.










Spencer slumbering peacefully.





The wee girls Amanda and Maia and their way cute bed head.







Amanda, Maia and Megan before bed on Friday.






Maia and Amanda cuddling while watching the movie.







More breakfast!

9 comments:

Carrie said...

Cute stuff! What a great idea to get everyone together. Is this going to become a tradition?

Tiffany said...

Tell Kelly and Jeremy they are sooo brave (and patient) to host this event. I get annoyed at non-sleeping girls when Adelaide has ONE cousin over.

Melissa said...

I miss you guys.

RaShawn said...

Kayla, I still need pictures. Love ya.

Kelly said...

That's a great recap Kayla! I especially enjoyed the link titled 'real fun.' Thanks for being such a good historian.

heath said...

Eewww--I definitely went over to Rashawn's blog. That is nasty. Hopefully there will be less trauma at the next sleepover!

ROAST said...

Makes me excited for the sleepover at our place!

Natalie said...

That's so awesome! I WISH my family did stuff like that. Love it!

Natalie said...

I wish we lived closer so we could participate. I love it! Thanks for sharing. We do have the best family in the world!