I had the lovely opportunity to participate in a ward activity tonight. (Ahhh, the joys of the singles ward!) After a discussion on prayer with the cute sister missionaries, we went out to Temple Square and were wandering around admiring the lights. A few of us decided to go and catch the last showing of the day of the Joseph Smith movie at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building. I hadn't seen it since it first came out. In the film, Emma asks Joseph "What's going to happen?" which is one of my favorite questions to ask when I'm feeling sorry for myself and feeling like my life isn't going the way I'd like it too. Joseph replies, "We'll do our best, and go on." In all my years of asking people "What's going to happen?" I have never had an answer hit me quite so hard. That IS what's going to happen. We will all do our best and go on! That is all the Lord asks of us - although sometimes it may seem like a lot. I'm thankful my little pile of troubles isn't near what the early pioneers had to go through. I'm sure they weathered their trials with more grace than I'm managing to muster up at this point in my life. I know that the Lord loves us and that he sent Joseph Smith to restore His gospel here on the earth today. I was thankful for the reminder tonight. "Shall we not go on in so great a cause?" Yes, we shall.
Tuesday, November 27, 2007
What's Going to Happen?
Posted by Kayla at 11:20 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh Kayla, if only you could see how amazingly well you handle your troubles. Harder inside, I'm sure, than you show. Sure love ya, and still thinking about you!
Amen to Heath.
This post was beatiful, Kayla. A really needed reminder for me!
Love you tons!
Post a Comment